Wednesday 18 September 2013

Making Magik with Gaia

I have just returned from a glorious week away in the beautiful Alcudia, and whilst I was away soaking up the sun on the white gold sandy beaches,
I had the pleasure of reading 'Making Magik with Gaia' by Francesca Ciancimino Howell. I thought I would share this book with you all as it really made me take a huge step back and re-evaluate myself and my own life. It focuses on how as individuals and as a society we (often unknowingly) have such a negative and harmful impact on the environment and our mother earth. I put my hands up and admit that I for one am guilty of buying many materialistic items that I do not necessarily 'need', wasting too much water on baths/showers, using our planets resources without a second thought... and until reading this book had not even considered how certain things really impact the natural world around us. The book was very refreshing and has encouraged me to make certain day to day changes and break bad habits and replacing them with newer ones that will have a more beneficial impact on our mother earth. 





Within each chapter these are numerous exercises to help us heal our planet on a physical and spiritual level- and in return receive healing ourselves. There are so many signs our planet is sick and needs our collective help to re-gain her strength. This book is not only aimed at pagan or even spiritual individuals- it can be enjoyed and be of value to anyone who takes an interest in protecting our earth- our mother Gaia. 

 Whilst I was away I discovered a gorgeous crystal shop with hundreds of the most spectacular crystals I have ever seen- I was in heaven! (my family knew they were in for an even longer than usual wait outside of this shop!!) They had every crystal I can think of- and some extortionately priced ones too- but as we all know its not always the expensive immaculate polished crystals that catch our eye- its the ones we really need in our lives that draw us to them!
 

 


The first one to jump out at me was this gem to the right- and after reading Making Magik with Gaia I had decided I needed a crystal to represent our  mother earth when directing healing- and this one is perfect! 

 








The next one is the tiniest little Citrine cluster- (its so very cute!) Citrine is one of my favorites- a great crystal for prosperity- and im sure none of us would turn a little prosperity away one in a while!

 









The next one to jump out at me was this clear quartz point- it was sitting at the back amongst about 30 others- but Im sure we all know that familiar feeling when we just get drawn to one particular crystal and we know that's the one that's coming home with us.. I find clear quartz is such a great all-rounder and can be easily programmed to have almost any property you desire. 

 



 

My favorite of all is this Agate Crystal...with what looks like an evil eye on the surface.... I was very excited when I found this little gem. For those of you not familiar with the evil eye- it is a symbol well known in many cultures to ward off evil and protect the person to carry it or wear it- a little lucky charm!











No comments:

Post a Comment